Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I {Heart} Faces: Week 20, Silhouettes Category


The I {Heart} Faces photo challenge is in its 20th week, and this weeks category is "Silhouettes".

I'm gonna be totally in-your-face honest here: my entry blows.

Ok for starters, I took it a few years ago at a BBQ I was hosting. I took a bazillion pics that day, and the majority of them turned out FABULOUS... this one however, didn't come out exactly as I'd hoped. The background isn't bright enough, the silhouette isn't crisp enough, I didn't get enough of my sisters face in view, and, well, I just plain am not impressed with anything I've done here. So then why am I entering it? Well, because it's the only silhouette I had, and I didn't have time to take any (lies... I was too intimidated to even try) so I had to scrounge up something I'd already done. This is my nephew, Mason, and he's actually quite the gorgeous boy so I'm hoping to share some fully-lit face pics of him with y'all in the future.


If you'd like to see more pics (that are much better than this one...lol),
go on over to www.IHeartFaces.com and check them out... you'll be glad you did ;)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

great shot.. Good job! : ) Looks like a cutie pie!

Pamela said...

I think is good picture and you are being too hard...I love the curls in his hair they really stand out!

Unknown said...

What a cutie! I had the same problem except I didnt even have a single silhouette picture i could even try and enter! :-)

ps - I HATe it when people dont listen to me and it messes up my baby's nap schedule!!! hate it!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

i love the photo! what a cutie!

Jennifer Urbin Photography said...

I too think you are being a little too hard on yourself in regards to this photo. Love the curls! Oh and I would like to thank you for leaving such a nice comment on my blog...it really made me smile and giggle a little :)